Continuous form of the verbs on brackets.
At the moment I……….. (work) for a cosmetic company. We offer a full range of cosmetic products and …….. (sell) cosmetics and toiletries around the world. Our main cosmetic brand ……….. (dominate) the French market and it ……… (do) well in the rest of Europe at the moment, too. In fact, the brand …….(become) more and more popular throughout the world and our market share …….. (grow) every day.
We usually …….. (develop) and ……… (extend) products under our existing brand name. The brand is distinctive and ……. (stand) out from the competition. However, this year we ……….. (create) a completely new brand of cosmetics.
GRAMMAR REVIEW 2
Modal Verbs can/could/would: ability, requests and offers
Modal verbs are very common in English.
1. We use can and could to:
· make requests.
Example. Can you help me?
· give or refuse permission.
Example. You can use my mobile phone.
· make an offer.
Example. I cantake you to the airport if you like.
· describe ability.
Example. He could speak three languages before he was ten.
· say that smth. is possible or impossible.
Example. I can’tget through. The phone’s always engaged.
· refer to future possibilities. The form could is used.
Example. I think you could try to get a job in this company.
2. We use would to:
· make requests.
Example. Would you open the door for me, please?
· make offers.
Example. Would you like a drink?
I. Rearrange the words in 1 to 9 to make questions from a job interview.
Then decide whether each question is a)making a request, b)making an
Offer or c)asking about ability.
1. get you can I anything?
2. details contact your confirm I could?
3. can you software package use this?
4. speak languages any other you can?
5. about tell you job us your present more could?
6. tell you current salary me you could?
7. would you as soon as possible your decision let us know?
Интернет реклама УБС
8. start you when can?
9. like coffee some more you would?
II. Match the questions from task I with the interviewee’s answers.
a. It’s 42 thousand.
b. Yes, I use it a lot in my current job.
c. I can let you know next week.
d. Thank you. A coffee, please.
e. Yes, the address is the same, but my e-mail has changed.
f. I’d love some. Thank you.
g. Well, I’m currently responsible for European sales.
h. Yes, I can speak French.
i. My notice period is two months.
III. Work in pairs. Role play a Sales Director interviewing a candidate for the
Job of Sales Representative. Make questions with the words below.
For example, ‘Can you drive?’
2. work at weekends
3. work on your own
4. use a computer
5. travel often
6. start next month
7. speak any other languages
8. meet sales targets
I. Before you read discuss the following phrases:
1. Work can be more that just a job. Your work can become a career.
2. Choose the job you like and you will never have to work a day in your life.
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: