Choose the correct form of the verb.
1. If there (is no/ were no) laws we (could not/can`t) go out fear of being kidnapped.
2. If people (are, were) all as good as we ought to be, laws (would/will) still be necessary.
3. If the Judge (found/will find) the defendant guilty, he (would appeal/will appeal) against a sentence.
4. It (would/was) be rather hard, if the civil actions (were not/will not) started by the individuals.
5. If criminals (didn`t commit/commit) crimes, we (would live/live) a happier life.
6. He (would be/will be) punished severely, if the state (proved/proves) he had committed it.
7. If the capital punishment (were not/is not) abolished in our country, there (would be/will be) less crimes in our society.
9. Read the following statement and then discuss it with your partner, using the following models, given below:
Crime is violation of law that forbids or commands an activity. Such crimes as murder, rape, arson are on the books of every country. Because crime is a violation of public order, the government prosecutes criminal cases.
I think it is true, because ………
To my mind, it is false because …………
As a matter of fact……..
On the one hand……, on the other hand…..
It is necessary to note……….
Find out more information about organized crime. Write a short essay.
Read the text to answer the following questions
Is it necessary to differentiate a crime of passion from the crime which is planned?
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: