Реклама: Настойка восковой моли
Before doing these exercises revise grammar material – N. A. Bonk, Unit 1: p. 12 – 14, Unit 2: p. 32, 33.
1. Underline the correct word from ones in theitalics in each sentence.
1. An old man, who/which was carrying a suitcase, knocked at the door.
2. The winner, which/whose bike was an unusual design, won a medal.
3. The girl who/which spoke to me turned out to be in my class.
4. The museum, which/whose was in a beautiful building, was closed.
5. A policeman that/which we asked told us how to get there.
6. The boy whose/whom house I was staying at was my old friend.
2. In this exercise you have to explain what some words mean. Choose the right meaning from the box and then write a sentence with who.
e.g. (an architect): An architect is someone who designs buildings.
1. a burglar 5. a coward 7. a pensioner
2. a customer 6. an architect 8. a tenant
3. a shoplifter
3. Make one sentence from two. Use who/that/which.
e.g. A girl was injured in the accident. She is now in hospital. The girl who was injured in the accident is now in hospital.
1. A man answered the phone. He told me you were away.
2. A waitress served us. She was very impolite and impatient.
3. A building was destroyed in the fire. It has now been rebuilt.
4. Some people were arrested. They have now been released.
5. A bus goes to the airport. It runs every half hour.
4. Combine the phrases to make one sentence. Make the information in the italics the relative clause.
e.g. I have a friend. He speaks four languages.
I have a friend who speaks four languages.
1. An American girl is staying with us. We met her last year.
2. We have a teacher. She comes from Australia.
3. A girl lent me a book. I sat next to her.
Интернет реклама УБС
4. There were three people at the party. They knew me.
5. We lost the match. We played it on Sunday.
6. Has anyone seen the paper? I had it a minute ago.
7. I didn’t accept the money. He offered it to me.
8. What did you think of the film? It was on TV last night.
9. The teacher was a substitute. She gave us a lesson yesterday.
10. I have read the book. John was talking about it.
5. Fill in: who’s or whose.
e.g. My mother, … whose … name is Elizabeth, is a piano teacher.
1.She’s the woman ………. moved next door.
2. Sally is the girl ………. father won the lottery.
3. Helen is the person ……… .car was stolen.
4. Ann’s the one ………. lost a lot of weight.
5. Tim is the man ………. going to help.
6. That’s the woman ………. son was killed in an accident.
6. Join the sentences using who, when, where, which or whose.
e.g. She’s the girl. She works in the library. She’s the girl who works in the library.
1. Corfu is an island. It has many beautiful beaches.
2. Here’s the alarm clock. I bought it yesterday.
3. I’ve spoken to John. His house was burgled last Monday.
4. That’s the lady. Her jewellery was stolen.
5. That is the radio. I won it in the competition.
6. John is the man. His house was destroyed in the fire.
7. There’s the hospital. I was born there.
8. That was the summer. I met my wife then.
9. That is Fiona Webb. She is the famous dancer.
10. Holland is the country. The best cheese is produced there.
11. 1945 was the year. The Second World War ended then.
12. That’s the hotel. I stayed there last summer.
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: