–еклама: Ќастойка восковой моли
Before doing the following exercises revise grammar material Ц N.A. Bonk, Unit 8: p. 175-177, p. 183-184.
1. Put these facts about various types of people into Zero Conditional sentences which are related to present.
e.g. Doctors treat people who are ill.
If youТre a doctor, you treat people who are ill.
1. Vegetarians donТt eat meat.
If you are a vegetarian, ЕЕЕ. .
2. People who live in a hot country donТt like cold weather.
If you live ЕЕЕ. .
3. Teachers have to work very hard.
If youТre a teacher, ЕЕЕ. .
4. People who do a lot of exercise stay fit and healthy.
If you ЕЕЕ. .
5. Mechanics understand engines.
If you are a ЕЕЕ. .
6. People who read newspapers know whatТs happening in the world.
If ЕЕЕ. .
2. Complete the sentences with the Present Simple or Future Simple verb form.
e.g. If it rains, we will have the party inside. (rain; have)
1. I ЕЕЕ. happy if I ЕЕЕ. my exam. (be; pass)
2. If you ЕЕЕ. now, you ЕЕЕ. the train. (leave; catch)
3. John says he ЕЕЕ. as a taxi-driver if he ЕЕЕ. money. (work; need)
4. If I ЕЕЕ. free tomorrow evening, I ЕЕЕ. you on Friday. ( not be; see)
5. Mary ЕЕЕ. Chinese next year if she ЕЕЕ. time. (study; have)
6. I ЕЕЕ. you to the station if I ЕЕЕ. find my car keys. (drive; can)
7. If he ЕЕЕ. her, he ЕЕЕ. a happy life. (marry; not have)
8. ЕЕЕ. you ЕЕЕ. smoking if the doctor ЕЕЕ. you that you must? (stop; tell)
9. If we ЕЕЕ. to the boss very politely, ЕЕЕ. he ЕЕЕ. to us? (talk; listen)
10. If it ЕЕЕ., we ЕЕЕ. for a walk. (rain; not go)
11. If the weather ЕЕЕ. nice tomorrow, we ЕЕЕ. to the coast. (be; go)
12. If she ЕЕЕ. the letter now, they ЕЕЕ. it tomorrow. (post; receive)
13. Fiona ЕЕЕ. angry if John ЕЕЕ. late again. (be; arrive)
14. I ЕЕЕ. to their party if I ЕЕЕ. enough time. (go; have)
15. If she ЕЕЕ. this exam, she ЕЕЕ. the job that she wants. (not pass; not get)
16. You ЕЕЕ. a lot if you ЕЕЕ. this course. (learn; take)
17. If I ЕЕЕ. a ticket, I ЕЕЕ. to the concert. (get; go)
»нтернет реклама ”Ѕ—
18. I ЕЕЕ. that camera if it ЕЕЕ. too much. (buy; not cost)
19. If you ЕЕЕ. very fast, you ЕЕЕ. the bus. (run; catch)
20. If they ЕЕЕ. this game, they ЕЕЕ. the champions. (win; become)
3. Complete the dialogues with the Present Simple or will/wonТt forms of the words in brackets.
1. A: We must be at the airport at two oТclock.
B: Well, if ЕЕЕ. (we/take) a taxi at one oТclock, ЕЕЕ. (we/not/be) late.
2. A: IТd like a newspaper.
B: Well, ЕЕЕ. (I/buy) one for you if ЕЕЕ. (I/go) to the shop later.
3. A: Has John phoned yet?
B: No, and if ЕЕЕ. (he/not/phone) this afternoon, ЕЕЕ. (I/phone) him this evening.
4. A: Is Fiona there, please?
B: No, but if ЕЕЕ. (you want) to leave a message, ЕЕЕ. (I/give) it to her.
5. A: Is Tim going to pass his exam?
B: Well, ЕЕЕ. (he/fail) if ЕЕЕ. (he/not/work) harder.
6. A: Could I have some information about this yearТs concerts, please?
B: Yes, if ЕЕЕ. (you/fill in) this form, ЕЕЕ. (I/send) it to you in the post.
4. Make up sentences with if.
e.g. IТm afraid the bus will be late.
→ get to work late again. If the bus is late, IТll get to work late again.
→ lose my job. If I get to work late again, IТll lose my job.
1. → not find another job. ЕЕЕ.
2. → lose my flat. ЕЕЕ.
3. → move back to my parentsТ house. ЕЕЕ.
4. → get very bored. ЕЕЕ.
5. → go swimming every day. ЕЕЕ.
6. → look very good. ЕЕЕ.
7. → meet interesting people. ЕЕЕ.
8. → go to lots of parties. ЕЕЕ.
9. → have a wonderful time. ЕЕЕ.
10. → find the best way of life and job for me. ЕЕЕ.
4. Put in the correct Past Simple or would verb form.
e.g. If Sally lived in Brighton, she would be (she/be) near her parents.
1. Fred would read more if he ЕЕЕ. (not/work) so hard.
2. If Elizabeth didnТt have to work in the evenings, she ЕЕЕ. (go) to concerts.
3. Susan wouldnТt go to work by car if she ЕЕЕ. (live) near a train station.
4. Alan wouldnТt be overweight if he ЕЕЕ. (not/eat) so much.
5. If Peter didnТt live in a flat, he ЕЕЕ. (have) a dog.
6. Pam would definitely learn French if she ЕЕЕ. (get) a job in France.
7. If Mark wanted to be healthy, he ЕЕЕ. (not/smoke).
8. If I ЕЕЕ. (be) you, I ЕЕЕ. (study) for the exams.
9. If we ЕЕЕ. (have) a car, we ЕЕЕ. (go) for a drive in the country.
10. Kim ЕЕЕ. (buy) some new clothes if she ЕЕЕ. (have) enough money.
11. If cameras ЕЕЕ. (not/cost) so much, we ЕЕЕ. (buy) one.
12. John ЕЕЕ. (lend) you some money if you ЕЕЕ. (ask) him.
13. He ЕЕЕ. (open) the door if he ЕЕЕ. (have) the key.
14. We ЕЕЕ. (paint) the house if we ЕЕЕ. (have) the time.
15. If she ЕЕЕ. (get) good grades, she ЕЕЕ. (go) to university.
16. If I ЕЕЕ. (be) rich, I ЕЕЕ. (not/work) again.
17. Helen ЕЕЕ. (post) the letters if she ЕЕЕ. (have) some stamps.
5. Write the sentences with If I were you, using the expressions from the box.
e.g. СI feel ill.Т Ц If I were you, I would see a doctor.
1. СIТm really tired.Т Ц If ЕЕЕ. .
2. СI havenТt got any friends.Т Ц If ЕЕЕ. .
3. СShall I take the train to Scotland?Т Ц I would ЕЕЕ. .
4. СSomebody has stolen my car.Т Ц If ЕЕЕ. .
5. СJohn wants to buy my motorbike.Т Ц I ЕЕЕ. .
Ќе знайшли потр≥бну ≥нформац≥ю? —користайтесь пошуком google: