–еклама: Ќастойка восковой моли
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense form.
e.g. A: Mum, Dad shouted at me.
B: Well, if you hadnТt been (not/be) naughty, he wouldnТt have shouted (not/shout) at you.
1. A: I donТt know what to do about my problem.
B: If I ЕЕЕ. (be) you, I ЕЕЕ. (talk) to my boss.
2. A: If I ЕЕЕ. (win) lots of money, I ЕЕЕ. (buy) a new house.
B: ThatТs a nice idea. I ЕЕЕ. (buy) a new car.
3. A: I failed my exam today.
B: Well, if you ЕЕЕ. (study) harder, you ЕЕЕ. (not/fail).
4. A: IТve got terrible toothache.
B: If I ЕЕЕ. (be) you, I ЕЕЕ. (go) to the dentistТs.
5. A: IТm sorry.
B: What for?
A: If I ЕЕЕ. (not/leave) the door open, the puppy ЕЕЕ. (not/escape).
6. A: Why are you upset?
B: Because itТs all my fault. If I ЕЕЕ. (not/be) late, we ЕЕЕ. (not/miss) the bus.
7. A: Where ЕЕЕ. (you/go) if you ЕЕЕ. (can) travel anywhere in the world?
B: If I ЕЕЕ. (can), I ЕЕЕ. (go) to America.
8. A: IТve lost my bag with my purse and my keys inside.
B: Well, if I ЕЕЕ. (be) you, I ЕЕЕ. (report) it to the police.
9. A: Ouch! I dropped a glass and cut my finger.
B: Well, if you ЕЕЕ. (be) careful, you ЕЕЕ. (not/cut) yourself.
*Mixed Conditional Sentences.
If + past perfect, would + bare infinitive.
e.g. If I had taken the medicine yesterday, I would be well now.
If + past simple, would + have + past participle.
e.g. If he were clever, he wouldnТt have said it.
* 11. Study the grammar material about Mixed Conditionals and put in the correct verb forms.
1. If you ЕЕЕ. (study) harder in the past, you ЕЕЕ. (have) better job now.
2. If my mother ЕЕЕ. (not/have) operation two years ago, she ЕЕЕ. (be) death now.
3. Unless you ЕЕЕ. (buy) such an old car, you ЕЕЕ. (not/have) to fix it all the time.
4. If she ЕЕЕ. (leave) last night, she ЕЕЕ. (be) in London now.
5. If I ЕЕЕ. (be) you, I ЕЕЕ. (order) more food for the last party.
6. I ЕЕЕ. (have) a new coat now if I ЕЕЕ. (buy) that one in Paris.
7. The grass ЕЕЕ. (look) better if you ЕЕЕ. (water) it before.
8. Tom ЕЕЕ. (phone) when I was out if I ЕЕЕ. (not/tell) him about my trip.
»нтернет реклама ”Ѕ—
9. I ЕЕЕ. (not/cancel) that flight if I ЕЕЕ. (be) you.
10. If the story ЕЕЕ. (not/be) n the truth we ЕЕЕ. (not/print) it today.
Wish/if only + past simpleis used to express wish/regret about a present situation.
e.g. I wish/if only I knewwhere she lived. (IТm sorry that I donТt know where.)
Wish/if only + past perfectis used to express regret about a past situation.
I wish/if only I hadnТt liedto him. (IТm sorry that I lied to him.)
*12. Rewrite the following sentences to express either an unreal situation in the present or a regret about a past event.
e.g. I scratched my sisterТs favourite CD. Ц I wish I hadnТt scratched my sisterТs favourite CD.
1. I havenТt got a motorcycle. Ц ЕЕЕ. .
2. IТm not old enough to go to nightclubs. Ц ЕЕЕ. .
3. I left school without any qualifications. Ц ЕЕЕ. .
4. I missed the plane to Lisbon. Ц ЕЕЕ. .
5. IТm not tall enough to join the basketball team. Ц ЕЕЕ. .
6. I didnТt call my grandfather last night. Ц ЕЕЕ. .
7. I forgot my parentsТ anniversary. Ц ЕЕЕ. .
*13. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense, as in the example.
1. If I ЕЕЕ. (be) you, I would tell him the truth.
2. I wish I ЕЕЕ. (not/forget) my keys. Now I canТt get into my house.
3. If he was faster, he ЕЕЕ.. (win) the race.
4. I wish I ЕЕЕ. (not/eat) all those sweets. Now I feel sick.
5. If she ЕЕЕ. (find) a kitten, she will keep it.
6. If I ЕЕЕ. (have) a garden, I would grow my own vegetables.
7. I wish you ЕЕЕ. (listen) to me. If you had listened to me, you ЕЕЕ. (not/lose) your job.
8. If you continue to eat junk food, you ЕЕЕ (gain) weight.
*Unless = if not
e.g. You canТt come in unlessyou have a ticket. = You canТt come in if you do not have a ticket.
UnlessIТm very tired, I go to bed about midnight. = Except ifI am very tired, I go to bed about midnight.
*14. Study the grammar material about unless and rewrite these sentences with it.
e.g. Children canТt go in if they are not with an adult.
Children canТt go in unless they are with an adult.
1. If you donТt give me my money, IТm going to the police.
2. You canТt park here if you donТt live in this street.
3. I donТt drive fast except if IТm really late.
4. If you are not over 15, you canТt see this film.
5. If IТm not going fishing, I get up late on Sundays.
6. We usually go for a walk after supper if there isnТt a good film on TV.
Ќе знайшли потр≥бну ≥нформац≥ю? —користайтесь пошуком google: