Реклама: Настойка восковой моли
Put in the missing words according to the text.
1) Australia is a constitutional … like Great Britain.
2) It is the world’s leading producer of …, … and … .
3) The name of the country comes from Latin word “australis” which means … .
4) Each state has its own … .
5) The Commonwealth of Australia is … name of the country.
6) The east … of Australia was discovered by Captain Cook in 1770.
7) The … of the country is Canberra.
Complete the following sentences.
1) Queen of Great Britain is … .
2) Australia is a member of … .
3) The name of the country comes from … .
4) Australia is lying … .
5) Australia produces and exports … .
6) The government consists of … .
7) The Australian constitution combines … .
8) Canberra is located in … .
9) Although Australia has a wide diversity of … .
10) Australia is the world’s smallest … .
Choose the correct verb for each blank.
produces, is lying, enables, exports, comes, is, serves, means
1) But she … mainly as a symbol of long historical ties between Great Britain and Australia.
2) Income from the export … Australians to have high standard of living.
3) Australia … south-east of Asia, between the Pacific and Indian oceans.
4) Australia … and … large amounts of minerals and farm goods.
5) Australia … one of the world’s most developed countries.
6) The name of the country … from Latin word “australis” which … southern.
Read and learn by heart the dialogue. Then act it out.
Mike: I’m sorry. Where are you from?
Jim: I’m from Australia.
Mike: Australia! That’s very nice. I’ve never met Australians in my life.
Jim: And this is my first visit to Russia. I like your country very much.
Mike: Thank you. By the way, I’m going to Australia next holidays. I’d like to tell you that you speak Russian very well. I took you for a Russian – you speak without any accent.
Jim: Thank you. My parents are from Russia.
Mike: What are they doing in Australia?
Jim: They are farmers.
Интернет реклама УБС
Mike: I’m sorry, but I’m very interested in living in Australia. Can I ask you several questions?
Mike: Australia is a young country, isn’t it?
Jim: Yes, absolutely. It was discovered by Captain Cook in 1770. And first Australia was used as a colony for convicts.
Mike: If I’m not mistaken, Queen Elizabeth II is the head of the country, isn’t she?
Jim: Yes, you are quite right. But she serves mainly as a symbol of long historical ties between Great Britain and Australia.
Mike: Can you tell me the history or the name of the country?
Jim: Well, it’s as easy as ABC. It comes from Latin word “australis” which means southern.
Mike: It’s my dream to visit this country and the smallest continent in the world.
Jim: OK. You are welcome.
Unit 10 New Zealand
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: