–еклама: Ќастойка восковой моли
Case day experience luggage paper room scenery weather view
Mary and Liz are about to go on holiday together. Mary has come to collect Liz in her car.
MARY: Hello, Liz, are you ready?
LIZ: Yes, just about. All the luggageis here in the corridor. I hope I haven't got too many ____.
MARY: Don't worry. There's plenty of ____ in the car.
LIZ: Oh, good. I've packed rather a lot of things. I haven't had much ____ of travelling in the mountains, so I wasn't sure what to bring.
MARY: As long as you've got some warm sweaters for the evenings, and a good raincoat, you should be OK. The ____ in the mountains is wonderful, but the ____ can change very suddenly.
LIZ: Well, we've got a lovely ____ to start with.
MARY: You're right there. And I'm sure you'll like our ____ at the hotel, because they've promised me the ones I had last year when I was with my brother. Did you pack the guidebook, by the way?
LIZ: I've got it in my pocket. I packed some ____ too, so we can write letters.
MARY: Yes. It'd be nice to keep some sort of diary, too.
LIZ: That's a good idea. We might make an album afterwards, with words and photos. And I'm sure I'm going to have some great ____ to write about.
MARY: I'm sure you will, too. The ____ are like nothing you've ever seen. And the people are great. There's always music or something in one of the villages every evening. We'll buy some local ____ when we get there and find out what's going on this week.
LIZ: Well, I'm ready.
MARY: OK, let's go then.
Exercise 33. Complete the sentences. Put in a/an or some.
A. 1. The people who camped in the field have left ____ rubbish. 2. IТve been working on my essay. I think IТve made ____ progress. 3. That isnТt right. Look, youТve made ____ mistake. 4. IТm here for two nights, and IТm looking for ____ accommodation. 5. The room is quite empty. We need ____ furniture. 6. The second-hand shop had ____ sofa. 7. You pay extra for the taxi if youТve got ____ luggage. 8. I canТt fit this guitar into ____ suitcase. 9. The scientists are doing ____ interesting experiment. 10. They are doing ____ research into radioactivity. 11. You need ____ luck to win at this game. 12. IТm just about to set off on ____ long journey.
»нтернет реклама ”Ѕ—
B. 1. We had ____ delicious food last night. 2. We had ____ delicious meal last night. 3. There is ____ beautiful furniture in that shop. 4. There is ____ beautiful table in that shop. 5. IТm thirsty. I need ____ drink. 6. IТm thirsty. I need ____ water. 7. She has just bought ____ expensive clothes. 8. She has just bought ____ expensive dress. 9. They booked ____ room in advance. 10. They booked ____ accommodation in advance. 11. The band played ____ lovely song. 12. The band played ____ lovely music. 13. We had ____ heat wave last week. 14. We had ____ hot weather last week. 15. I canТt do this job alone. I need ____ assistant. 16. I canТt do this job alone. I need ____ help. 17. He has got ____ heavy luggage to carry. 18. He has got ____ heavy suitcase to carry. 19. I need ____ cutlery to eat this food with. 20. I need ____ knife and fork to eat this food with.21. She has got ____ important work to do. 22. She has got ____ important job to do. 23. He found ____ coin on the ground. 24. He found ____ money on the ground.
Exercise 34. Complete the sentence with the correct form of the word in brackets.
1. He ate three ____ (cheese). 2. We had six ____ (lesson). 3. Many small ____ (village) were destroyed. 4. IТve got three ____ (homework) to do this evening. 5. Lots of ____ (person) were unhappy about it. 6. There were two important ____ (news). 7. Why are there three ____ (pajamas)? 8. Several ____ (child) got lost on the way to school. 9. IТd like five ____ (rice), please. 10. IТve got only two ____ (luggage). 11. There were four serious car ____ (crash) this weekend. 12. He can give you lots of important ____ (information). 13. It was autumn and the ____ (leaf) were falling. 14. There is a lot of ____ (pollution) in this town. 15. Some ____ (family) celebrate Christmas on December 24th. 16. WeТve got three ____ (fish) for dinner. 17. How many ____ (toast) do you want? 18. Can I have a few ____ (paper) to write on? 19. Five ____ (policeman) came round. 20. Let me give you a few ____ (advice). 21. You need about six and a half ____ (material) to make those curtains.
Exercise 35. Fill in much, manyorlots of.
1. Ц Did you have ____ time to spare? Ц Oh, yes, we had ____ of time. 2. Ц There were ____ people at the party, werenТt there? Ц Yes, I wasnТt expecting so ____. 3. Ц I didnТt have ____ time to spare at the airport. Ц No, I didnТt have ____ either. 4. Ц I wish I had ____ holidays. Ц I sometimes think people have too ____. 5. Ц We havenТt had ____ sun this summer, havenТt we? Ц No, there havenТt been ____ warm days at all. 6. Ц ____ people I know are growing their own vegetables. Ц Yes, there are too ____ chemicals used these days. 7. Ц There arenТt ____ trains here in the evening, are there? Ц No, there never were ____. 8. Ц ____ people who live here donТt come from here. Ц Really, I didnТt think there were ____ immigrants here. 9. Ц I donТt think our boss knows ____ about people. Ц I donТt think ____ bosses know ____ about people! 10. Ц Too ____ people are killed on the roads every year. Ц Yes and the government arenТt doing ____ about it.
Exercise 36. John and Sue are discussing what to buy for their party. Usemanyand much to complete their conversation.
- How ____ milk have we got?
- I think weТve got two pints.
- And how ____ butter is there?
- Oh, weТve got plenty of butter, but I donТt think there are ____ eggs left Ц maybe only 2 or 3.
- Right, IТll get some more. And have you any idea how ____ cheese there is?
- A pound. I know there is a pound so donТt get any more.
- And how ____ cartons of orange juice did we get? WasnТt it two?
- ThatТs right and they are still unopened.
- And how ____ is there left of that lettuce?
- Oh, most of it. And weТve got at least a pound of tomatoes.
- And how ____ are there in a pound?
- Usually about eight.
- And how ____ of that big cucumber is there?
- We havenТt used it at all yet.
- Well, what about drinks? How ____ cans shall I get?
- WeТve got ten. IsnТt that enough?
- I suppose so. How ____ wine is there?
- How ____ bottles do you think weТre going to need?
- Well, I suppose it depends on what you mean by УneedФ!
Exercise 37. Choose the expression which cannot be used with the nouns.
1. There are several / many / much / plenty of / too little things you can do to help. 2. He has met a couple of / a few / very little / plenty of / too much interesting people. 3. She earns few / hardly any / plenty of / several / a great deal ofmoney. 4. We have got no / many / lots of / a great deal of / a fewwork to do. 5. DonТt worry; there is a little / plenty of / a couple of / many / a lot of time. 6. Both / Several / A large quantity of / Plenty of / Too muchstudents applied for the course. 7. HeТs got no / hardly any / a little / some qualification. 8. SheТs got hardly any / several / a little / a few / a lot ofexperience in dealing with customers. 9. There is too much / a lot of / hardly any / few / several salt in this soup. 10. There is a little / many / too much / a great number of / some traffic on the roads today.
Exercise 38. Complete the conversations. Choose the correct form.
1. Ц Can I pick an apple / some apple from your tree? Ц Yes, of course. 2. Ц I think sport / a sport is boring. Ц Me too. I hate it. 3. Ц We ought to buy some potato / some potatoes. Ц OK, I'll get them. 4. Ц I think painting / a painting is a fascinating hobby. Ц Well, you're certainly very good at it. 5. Ц Did you hear noise / a noise in the middle of the night? ЦNo, I don't think so. 6. Ц Is there cheese / a cheese in this soup? Ц Yes, a little. 7. Ц I had conversation / a conversation with Vicky last night. Ц Oh? What about? 8. Ц Shall I put a chicken / some chicken in your sandwiches? Ц Yes, please. 9. Ц Are you a pacifist? Ц Well, I don't believe in war / a war, so I suppose I am. 10. Ц It isn't fair. Ц No, life / a life just isn't fair, I'm afraid. 11. Ц What's the matter? Ц You've got some egg / some eggs on your shirt.
Exercise 39. Complete the conversations. Put in these nouns:
Ќе знайшли потр≥бну ≥нформац≥ю? —користайтесь пошуком google: