–еклама: Ќастойка восковой моли
B) Now write sentences describing what you were doing at the following times yesterday.
2. Use the prompts and a verb from the box in the Past Continuous form to write negative sentences.
e.g. (They/for the test): They werenТt studying for the test.
1. She/home for the weekend 5. We/computer games
2. I/tea. It was coffee 6. His brothers/their bedroom
3. It/yesterday. It was sunny 7. Pierre/the car
4. You/to me! 8. The computer/because it was broken
3. Write questions. Use was/were Цing.
e.g. (what/Tim/do/when you saw him): What was Tim doing when you saw him?
1. (what/you/do/at 11 oТclock?) 3. (it/rain/when you went out?)
2. (what/she/wear/yesterday?) 4. (where/you/live/in 1981?)
4. Use your own ideas to complete these sentences. Use the Past Continuous.
e.g. Tom burnt his hand while he Еwas cooking the dinnerЕ .
1. The door bell rang while I Е . 3. We saw an accident while we Е .
2. Mary fell asleep while she Е . 4. The TV was on but nobody Е .
5. Put the verbs into the correct form, the Past Continuous or Past Simple.
e.g. Jane Еwas waiting Е (wait) for me when I ЕarrivedЕ (arrive).
1. What ЕЕЕ. (you/do) this time yesterday? Ц I was asleep.
2. ЕЕЕ. (you/go) out last night? Ц No, I was tired.
3. Was Carol at the party last night? Ц Yes, she ЕЕЕ (wear) a really nice dress.
4. How fast ЕЕ.. (you/drive) when the accident ЕЕЕ. (happen)?
5. John ЕЕЕ. (take) a photograph of me while I ЕЕЕ. (not/look).
6. We were in a very difficult position. We ЕЕЕ. (not/know) what to do.
7. I havenТt seen Alan for ages. When I last ЕЕЕ. (see) him, he ЕЕЕ (try) to find a job in London.
8. I ЕЕЕ. (walk) along the street when suddenly I ЕЕЕ. (hear) footsteps behind me. Somebody ЕЕЕ. follow) me. I was frightened and I ЕЕЕ (start) to run.
9. When I was young, I ЕЕЕ (want) to be a driver.
10. The boys ЕЕЕ (break) the window when they ЕЕЕ (play) football.
11. When Harry ЕЕЕ (wake up), we ЕЕЕ (tell) him the news.
12. Everyone ЕЕЕ. (wait) for the concert to begin when a message ЕЕЕ. (arrive).
»нтернет реклама ”Ѕ—
13. Mary ЕЕЕ. (want) a relaxing holiday, so she ЕЕЕ (choose) to stay in a small island.
14. When Roberto ЕЕЕЕ (study) in America, his parents ЕЕЕ.. (phone) him every week.
15. Ann ЕЕЕЕ.. (watch) a film on TV while Julie ЕЕЕЕ (arrive).
16. When the lights ЕЕЕЕ. (go out), I ЕЕЕЕ (lie) in bed reading.
17. When you ЕЕЕЕ.. (go) to the Chinese restaurant, what ЕЕЕЕ. (you/eat)?
6. Underline the correct word or phrase from ones in the italics in each sentence.
1. When I got/was getting home I received/was receiving a phone call.
2. Last summer I was going swimming/went swimming every weekend.
3. When the dog bit/was biting AnnТs leg, she screamed/was screaming.
4. When you fell/was falling over the cliff, what happened/was happening next?
5. While Mary washed/was washing up, she broke/was breaking a cup.
6. I didnТt see/wasnТt seeing where the bus stop was, so I was missing/missed the bus.
7. What did you do/were you doing when I phoned/was phoning you last night?
7. Put the verbs into the correct form, the Past Continuous or Past Simple.
1. I Е.Е (see) Sue in town yesterday but she ЕЕЕ. (not/see) me. She ЕЕЕ. look) the other way.
2. I ЕЕЕ (meet) Tom and Ann at the airport a few weeks ago. They ЕЕ.. (go) to Berlin and I ЕЕЕ (go) to Madrid. We ЕЕЕ. (have) a chat while we ЕЕ.. (wait) for our flights.
3. I ЕЕЕ ( cycle) home yesterday when suddenly a man ЕЕ.. (step) out into the road in front of me. I ЕЕЕ (go) quite fast but luckily I ЕЕЕ (manage) to stop in time and ЕЕЕ (not/hit) him.
8. Complete the dialogue with the Present Simple, Past Simple or Past Continuous forms of the verbs in brackets.
A: Excuse me, weТre doing a survey about time use. Have you got time to answer some questions?
B: Yes, but not too long.
A: No, donТt worry, just a couple of minutes. I want to ask you about your activities yesterday. For example, at eight in the morning ЕwereЕ you 0 (sleep) ЕsleepingЕ or were you awake?
B: I was up. At eight oТclock I Е1Е (have) my breakfast.
B: Yes, I usually get up at half past seven.
A: Okay, mid morning, at eleven, Е3Е (you/work)?
B: No, I Е4Е (study). IТm still at school. I Е5Е (do) an experiment in the science lab.
A: At one oТclock, Е6Е (you/have) lunch?
B: Yes. We have an hour and a half for lunch and then classes again in the afternoon.
A: Were you at school at five oТclock?
B: No, I Е7Е (walk) home.
A: And at eight oТclock?
B: I Е8Е (do my homework. After that I watched TV for a bit and then I Е9Е (go) to bed.
A: So at midnight Е .
B: I Е10Е (be) asleep.
A: Thanks very much.
B: YouТre welcome.
Ќе знайшли потр≥бну ≥нформац≥ю? —користайтесь пошуком google: