Match the two parts of the sentences.
1) Maoris were … Wellington
2) New Zealand is a member of … Maoris
3) New Zealand is an island country … by Europeans in 1642.
4) The capital of the country is … a large island group called Polynesia.
5) About 12 per cent of the country’s population are … the Commonwealth of
6) The country was discovered … the first people who settled in New Zealand.
7) New Zealand belongs to … in the south-west Pacific Ocean.
Put in the missing words according to the text.
1) About 85% of the population is classified as … .
2) New Zealand is predominantly an English-speaking country, though both … and … are official languages.
3) Like the United Kingdom New Zealand is a … monarchy.
4) New Zealand has one of the highest … of living in the world.
5) The main industries of the country are … , … and … industries.
6) … were the first people who settled in New Zealand.
7) Moreover, Auckland and Wellington are considered to be the main … of the country.
Choose the correct verb for each blank.
belongs, is taught, is situated, exports, came, was discovered, draws
1) The country … by Europeans in 1642.
2) The country … on two main islands (the North Island and the South Island) and several small islands.
3) They … from Polynesian islands located northeast of New Zealand.
4) New Zealand … to a large island group called Polynesia.
5) New Zealand … wool, meat and butter.
6) New Zealand … many thousands of tourists to its shores because of the beauty, diversity, and compactness of its natural attractions.
7) The Maori language … at a number of schools.
6. Give Russian equivalents to the phrases:
1) unique vegetation and animal life
2) one of the highest standards of living in the world
3) a land of great contrasts and diversity
4) the spectacular snow-capped peaks of the Southern Alps
5) deep glacier lakes
6) one of the world’s developed countries
7) with ministers responsible for different aspects of government
Unit 11 Agriculture
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: