SOCIAL WELFARE SYSTEM IN THE USA
1. History of American welfare
- welfare – traditionally a matter for private charity and local government; 1930s – the development of the U.S. modern welfare in the wake of the Great Depression, 1935 – the Social Security Program, 1953 – the Department of Health, Education and Welfare, 1965 – Medicaid and Medicare, AFDC program, 1996 – Welfare Reform Act, TANF program, controversies over welfare.
2. Health and medical care
- a mixed system of government an private responsibility, medical insurance plans, different forms of health insurance coverage – group, individual, HMO; health care spending; health care providers and institutions, hospitals and clinics, physician’s duties.
3. Medicaid and Medicare
- government insurance programs: health coverage for elderly, disabled, and poor through Medicaid and Medicare; different eligibility categories for Medicare and Medicaid.
4. Social Security
- benefit programs – OASDI (old age, survivors and disability insurance),RSDI (retirement, survivors and disability insurance), TANF(temporary assistance for needy families), unemployment insurance; social security programs’ cost.
1. About the USA.
2. Portrait of the USA.
3. D.K.Stevenson. American Life and Institutions.
4. World Book Encyclopedia.
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: