Реклама: Настойка восковой моли
III. Vocabulary: Employment
A. Read the texts and guess what jobs are described.
1. I only work part-time - four mornings a week, and I sometimes do overtime on a Saturday morning. I don't earn a big salary. It's a temporary job and I only have a six-month contract at the moment. But the working hourssuit me as I have very young children. When they go to school I would like to find a permanent job and work full-time. What I like most about my job is working in complete silence! The only noise you can hear is of people turning pages and whispering.
2. I did a six-month training course at Technical College to get my qualifications and then I worked for a local company to get some experience. I worked long hours for a low salary and so I resignedlast year and became self-employed. I prefer working for myself. I don’t work regular hours (sometimes people call me in the middle of the night) but you can earn a lot of money in this job, especially in the winter. If I’m lucky, I’ll be able to retire when I’m 60.
B. Match the words in bold to their definitions:
1. a written legal agreement
2. the knowledge you get from doing a job
3. a series of lessons to learn to do a job
4. the time you spend doing a job
5. working for yourself, not for a company
6. to stop working when you reach a certain age, e.g. 65
7. left a job because you wanted to
8. lasting for a short time (opposite _____________)
9. for only a part of the day or the week opposite _____________)
10.exams you've passed or courses you've done
C. Complete the Prepositions column.
1. He works ________ a multinational company.
2. I work ______ a manager.
3. I’m ___ charge ____ the marketing department.
4. She works ______ a factory.
5. I’m responsible ____ customer loans.
6. I’m _____ school / university.
7. They’re _____ their third year.
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: