Match the words from the left column with their definitions from the right column.
Fill in the gaps using the necessary words from exercise 5.
1. He asked for a discount for … by cash.
2. Cash funds are an alternative to bank or building society ….
3. Audio cassettes are an interesting … to reading.
4. This … was established in 1975.
5. The police … that the two passports were forgeries.
6. The lawyer would … their offer and see what happened.
7. Police would not say what aroused their … .
8. He was arrested for selling … copies of the software.
7. Decide which sentences are true and which are false. Make the false sentences true:
1. Drug trafficking is the process of creating the appearance that large amounts of money obtained from serious crimes are originated from a legitimate source.
2. Money laundering is a way for criminals to hide the cash proceeds of their illegal schemes.
3. One of the most common ways to perform money laundering may be creating a shell company or business.
4. This type of business is not usually set up so that it is difficult to monitor cash flow.
5. Businesses that provide services instead of selling physical goods may be able to circumvent the need to provide receipts or reports of money gained and spent.
6. The launderer can combine his illicit funds with the real income of the business or use the company's bank accounts to conceal the funds.
7. Another method of money laundering involves selling physical goods.
8. Drug trafficking is the process of making steady, consistent, legitimate deposits at a bank before the actual laundering occurs.
9. Another method of money laundering helps to establish a track record for the individual or business, so that when a similar amount of illicit funds are deposited, no suspicion is aroused.