Match the words from the left column with their definitions from the right column
Fill in the gaps, using the necessary words from exercise 7.
1. The defendant borrowed … to modernize the shop.
2. Structure of the …consists of activities such as task allocation, coordination and supervision.
3. He derived the strategic … of products at the entrance of a store.
4. … is the best hope for both black and white Americans.
5. They condemned apartheid as a… againsthumanity.
6. You hear about … on TV and in the movies, on the radio, in books and magazines.
7. The stolen … was not recovered.
9. Give reasons why you agree or disagree with the following statements:
1. The use of the basic steps of laundering process depends on the available laundering mechanisms and the requirements of the criminal organizations.
2. Placement – the physical disposal of cash proceeds derived from illegal activity.
3. Layering – separating illicit proceeds from their source by creating complex layers of financial transactions designed to disguise the audit trail and provide anonymity.
4. Integration – the provision of apparent legitimacy to criminally derived wealth.
5. It happens so, that integration schemes place the laundered proceeds back into the economy in such a way that they appear to the financial system to be legitimate investment funds.
6. In addition to the obvious detrimental effect of drug traffic on society, the unchecked flow of narcodeallers can have a much more insidious effect.
10. Discuss the statements from exercise 9 with your partner using the following clichés:
I am exactly of the same opinion…
I don`t absolutely agree…
In fact I`m not sure…
I`m afraid, I fully disagree…
I can`t say I share your point of view…
That is true….
I think, you are right…