Match the words from the left column with their definitions from the right column.
Fill in the gaps using the necessary words from exercise 5.
1. The large number of videos are currently available for … .
2. Innovative ensuring economic … of the enterprise.
3. Higher … will dampen consumer spending.
4. The term of … is generally used to describe the deliberate infringement of copyright on a commercial scale.
5. His priority was to raise government … and to lower expenditure.
6. The fund must …the gains to current shareholders and the shareholders must report the gain on their tax return.
7. A … registration provides prima facie evidence of ownership.
8. My signature is extremely hard to … .
7. Decide which sentences are true and which are false. Make the false sentences true:
1. Intellectual property crime (IPC) involves the counterfeiting and piracy of goods.
2. For organized criminals, IPC is not attractive because it offers a high financial return from, typically, a low investment. Also the risk of detection is comparatively low.
3. Criminals often counterfeited: digital media, such as software and games, fashion wear, luxury clothing and footwear, pharmaceuticals, automotive parts, electrical items and other manufactured goods.
4. Criminals are not using illegal immigrants to sell pirated goods.
5. Globally, IPC occurs on a vast scale.
6. Consumers are at risk from poor quality or unsafe goods, such as fake pharmaceuticals or sun care products, some of which contain no active ingredients.
7. Businesses suffer economic harm through loss of sales which can lead to jobs losses, and the reputation of their brands suffers too.
8. 79% of all articles seized originated from Britain.
9. The television has facilitated a startling growth in volume and breadth of illicit trade.