Pay attention to the following word-formations.
Lead – leader – leadership
Pass – passable – impassable
Prevent – prevention – preventer
Manage – manager – management
Employ – employer – employee – employment
Permit - permission
Fill in the gaps with the word(s) from the list below. Explanation to these terms are given in the brackets.
performance appropriate remediation PPE risk assessment impact preventer near misses
1. Before starting oil exploration a company should perform________including identification of risks and hazards as well as the ways of removing them (defining risks out of the work).
2. The accident took place because of the absence of _______and other necessary equipment at the workplace (safety line).
3. Labour protection includes application of ___________in the process of operation (safety clothes and footwear).
4. The personnel of our company is specially trained in safety method of work ________ (doing, fulfilment).
5. At the beginning of field development an oil company should assess the possible __________to the environment (influence).
6. The drivers are required to hold the __________ driving licenses (proper, relevant).
7. To prevent accidents from occurring again it is necessary to investigate not only incidents, but also _________(an accident that nearly happens).
Fill in the correct preposition, then choose two items and compose sentences.
1. to prevent sb. …doing sth. 5. to carry …the work
2. to be … motion 6. to be responsible … sth.
3. to protect sb. …sb./sth. 7. …case of emergency
4. …practice 8. …the circumstances
Match the problems with the ways of their solution.
7. Compose collocations from the following words
to meet greenhouse escape near
to wear to discharge first aid fire
1. … PPE 5. … requirements
2. … waste water 6. … kit
3. … gas emissions 7. … plan
4. … extinguisher 8. … misses