THE FUTURE (be going to, the Present Continuous, Present Simple, Future Simple)
Before doing these exercises revise grammar material Ц N. A. Bonk, Unit 1: p. 1 Ц 11, Unit 4: p. 106 Ц 120.
1. Use the prompts to write sentences with be going to.
e.g. ItТs 08.30. Claire is still in bed. (miss/bus): SheТs going to miss the bus.
1. John has got the ball. There are no defenders near. The goalkeeper is in a bad position. (score/goal)
2. Dave is exhausted. There are still 10 km to run. (not/finish/race)
3. We are the home team. The score is 3 Ц 0. There are three minutes left. (win/match)
4. They havenТt studied. They are bad at maths. The exam is tomorrow. (not/pass)
5. ItТs 10.00. The train leaves at 10.03. IТm 5 km from the station. (not/catch)
6. ThereТs bright blue sky with no clouds. (be/nice day)
7. ItТs very hot and humid. You can see big black clouds and lightning. (there/be/thunderstorm)
2. Use the prompts to write questions with be going to. Then write a short answer.
e.g. (it / rain): No, Е Is it going to rain? - No, it isnТt.
1. the bus/arrive on time ЕЕ ? - Yes, Е 5. Sue/pass/exam ЕЕЕЕЕ ? - No, Е
2. there/be/enough time ЕЕ ? - No, Е 6. Kevin/earn/a lot of money Е ? - No, ...
3. they/have/a good time ЕЕ ? - Yes, Е 7. the students/learn/English Е. ? - Yes, Е
4. his plan/work ЕЕЕЕЕ. ? - Yes, Е
A friend of yours is planning to go on holiday soon. You ask her about her plans. Use the words in brackets to make your questions.
e.g. (where/go): Where are you going? - Scotland.
1. (how long/stay)Е.? - Ten days.
2. (when/go)ЕЕЕ.? - Next Friday.
3. (go/alone)ЕЕЕ.? - No, with a friend of mine.
4. (travel by car)ЕЕ? - No, by train.
5. (where/stay)ЕЕ...? - In a hotel.
Are you going to do these things tomorrow?
e.g. (buy a car): IТm not going to buy a car. or IТm going to buy a car.
1. get up before 6.30 4. cook a meal
2. have breakfast 5. ride a bicycle
3. watch TV in the morning 6. do some work around the house
Have you arranged to do anything at these times? Write true sentences about yourself.
e.g. (this evening): IТm going out this evening. or I Сm not doing anything this evening. or I donТt know what IТm doing this evening.
1. tomorrow morning 3. tomorrow evening
2. next Sunday 4. choose another day or time
Read the information about the environmental problems and their solutions. Then make up five statements about what youТre going to do and five about what youТre not going to do to solve these problems.
There are number of things we can do if we want to help save our planet. For example, if we stop wasting paper, and recycle paper and cardboard, weТll save some of the millions of trees which are cut down every year. As far as the problem of rubbish is concerned, if we recycle bottles and cans and organic waste, and stop taking plastic bags from the supermarket, this will make a big difference. We also have to stop making unnecessary car journeys so as to cut down air pollution. Try walking or using a bike instead, and if you buy local fruit and vegetables, this reduces lorry traffic to supermarkets. Water is another problem, and we should all take showers, not baths, to save water. Finally, we need to stop using so much energy, so try changing to low-energy light bulbs, and turning off unnecessary lights.
e.g. IТm not going to waste paper.
7. Use the prompts to write sentences with will. Use short forms where possible.
e.g. (you/have/time/finish/homework): YouТll have time to finish your homework.
1. they/select/you/for the football team 5. it/snow/this weekend
2. they/increase/taxes/next year 6. prices/not come down
3. the football team/win/next match 7. I/not be/very long
4. he/not be/at school/tomorrow
8. Open the brackets using the verbs in the Future Simple.
1. DonТt worry, he ............ (not/refuse) to lend you the money.
2. ................ he (show) us the sights of the town right now?
3. The actors are very good. IТm sure the performance .............. be) a great success.
4. I ............. (never/forget) what you did for me.
5. ............... (there/be) any party after the official ceremony?
9. Use the prompts to write questions with will. Then write a short answer.
e.g. (it/rain/today): Will it rain today? - No, it wonТt.
1. the polar ice-caps/meltЕЕ? - Yes,Е 5. Jack/be richЕЕЕ.? - Yes,Е
2. they/win/matchЕЕЕЕЕ? - No,Е 6. Isabel/finish/raceЕ..? - No,Е
3. there/be/any help for usЕ...? - Yes,Е 7. the machine/workЕ.? - No,Е
4. the police catch criminalsЕ? - Yes,Е
10. Complete the sentences with will or wonТt and one of the verbs from the box.
According to technology experts the products below will be the ten most successful by the year 2020.
Genetics. New medicines Еwill cureЕ diseases like ParkinsonТs and AlzheimerТs.
Computers. A PC Е1Е voice and follow your commands. They Е2Е any cables.
Cars. Cars Е3Е petrol or diesel, but other fuels like electricity, and natural gas.
Home entertainment. We ...4Е TV on large, flat screens. Computers Е5Е necessary because your TV will do everything.
Money. We Е6Е for everything with an electronic card.
Health. We Е7Е to the doctor so often. Robots at home Е8Е our health and warn us of problems.
Satellite navigation.GPS devices Е9Е fight crime by tracking the exact location of cars and other valuables.
Beauty.New beauty products Е10Е weight-control drugs, anti-wrinkle creams and cures for baldness so men Е11Е their hair.
Ќе знайшли потр≥бну ≥нформац≥ю? —користайтесь пошуком google: