Arrange the words into four groups according to the rules of reading.
save bones fly
drum game joke
job corn desire
horse pare form
gift sort hare
2. Indicate how the letter g is pronounced in the words:
a) [g] b) [dg]
3. Arrange the words into two groups:
a) the words that begin with prefix;
b) the words that end with suffix
4. Plural forms. Which 10 words in the list below have mistakes (including spelling mistakes):
knives shelfs roofs hives
tomatos pianos carrots potatoes
videos loafs thiefs handkerchieves
leafs deers postmans woman-doctors
heroes safe oxes mothers-in-law
5. Translate into Russian, pay attention to the construction there + be.
1. There is no smoke without fire.
2. There is some coffee in the coffee-pot.
3. There wasn’t any cheese on the plate.
4. Are there any pupils in the yard?
5. There will be many exams next term.
6. Is there any sugar in the cup?
Open the brackets using the Possessive case where it is necessary.
1. (Our students) marks leave much to be desired.
2. These (sportsmen) clothes are in the cloak-room.
3. (James) book is on the table.
4. The main (story) characters are young persons.
5. His (grandfather, son) is his father.
Give Russian equivalents to the English proverbs and sayings.
1. A good name is better than riches.
2. Two heads are better than one.
3. Second thoughts are best.
4. One’s bark is worse than one’s bite.
5. Say well is good, do well is better.
6. Those do least who speak most.
Fill in the blanks with the necessary article and explain its meaning.
1. Where is ... money? -I've no ... idea.
2. May I have a look at... ring, please?
3. Ted, you'll have to rewrite ... test, I'm afraid.
4. Have you understood ... rule, children?
5. Thank you for ... invitation, we'll come.
6. We like ... song. It will be ... hit.
7. I am sorry, but I don't remember ... address.
8. Here is ... book, you can keep it for ... week.
9. It's getting dark. Turn on ... light.
10. -Well, where shall we keep ... dog? -In ... yard.
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google:
© studopedia.com.ua При використанні або копіюванні матеріалів пряме посилання на сайт обов'язкове.