Civil Aviation Security
Security is defined as a combination of measures and human resources intended to safeguard civil aviation against acts of unlawful interference. There are many measures and human resources that together have an essential role in providing security:
(1) Intelligence agencies must constantly monitor thethreat to aviation nationally and internationally and advise civil aviation agencies and airlines about the level of the threat.
(2) Civil aviation authorities and airline security management must analyse threat information for the risk factor so as to establish the level of possible countermeasures necessary to minimize the risk.
(3) Communication of all essential information to all participants in the programme who need to know all strategic and motivational reasons for the act being prepared.
(4) The ticket agent has a responsibility to note anything unusual in every customer's demeanour, method of payment, and planned route structure. If anything is suspicious, he must draw attention of the authorities to the person so that additional security attention could be given.
(5) The engineer preparing the aircraft for service has a responsibility to check and report any sign of interference with the aircraft or any object that has been placed or hidden in the airframe.
(6) The aircraft cleaner must be watchful for anything that may have been left on board that could endanger the flight.
(7) The caterer preparing the meals and supplies must ensure that weapons or sabotage devices are not introduced onto the aircraft by that means.
(8) The freight-forwarder and postal authorities involved in dispatching items by air must apply measures to protect against the introduction of possible unauthorized items that might endanger the aircraft.
(9) Catering vehicles and supplies, cargo, baggage and all mail must be protected against the introduction of weapons or devices while being moved to the aircraft.
(10)Ramp staff and apron security personnel must ensure that unauthorized persons are kept away from the aircraft.
(11)Check-in staff must be alert for any person acting in a manner that gives cause for suspicion and must diligently question the passenger about his or her identity and baggage. If an abnormal reaction is noted, the check-in person must ensure that the security authorities are alerted so that appropriate action can be initiated.
(12)The airport operator must ensure that fences, gates and other access control measures are inplace to preventunauthorized access to the aircraft.
(13) The provider of air navigation services must ensure that air traffic control systems and air navigation aids are protected against unlawful interference so that the flight can be assisted in proceeding safety to the destination.
(14) Security personnel must carry out adequate screening of persons and their baggage for discovery of any dangerous device.
(15)Policing authority or other law enforcement personnel must be available and provide a visual deterrent and ready reaction to incidents.
(16)Baggage handlers, supported by security systems, must ensure that no unauthorized items of baggage are loaded on board, and that the baggage is kept secure until safely in the aircraft hold.
(17)Crew members must check that the aircraft is "security clean" and that effective passenger and baggage reconciliation has been completed.
(18)Management of each contributor to the security system must provide the necessary resources and maintain systems that ensure that each of the responsibilities are capable of being properly discharged.
(19)The authority responsible for security of aviation must promote the effective application of the combined measures and provide the coordination and leadership essential if the overall programme is to be sufficient to ensure that the flight is safe and secure.
(20)It is essential for those involved in a security programme to appreciate that the failure or inadequacy of any security preventive element can seriously compromise the overall programme and the diligent efforts of others.
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: