A) Read the words describing the qualities required for the legal profession and translate them into Russian. Use a dictionary.
| experienced, accurate, flexible, honest, irreproachable, tolerant, diligent, calm, good at problem-solving, decisive, courageous, wise, independent, unbiased, highly-disciplined, laconic, strong-willed
B) What qualities do you personally have or would like to have?
A) Fill in the table with the information from the above text and the words from exercise 10.
| Legal career
|| Qualities required for the profession
| an advocate
|| || |
| || || unbiased, decisive, wise,
good at problem-solving
| a prosecutor
|| || |
| an arbitrator
|| || |
| || to settle disputes between legal entities
| an in-house lawyer
|| || |
B) Speaking. What is your future legal career? What qualities do you need for your profession?
Use the expressions from exercise 14 “How to make a presentation” (Unit 1 “Court system of the Russian Federation”) and prepare a short presentation on the following topics:
1. The choice of places of work and occupation for a lawyer.
2. The duties of an advocate, a prosecutor, an arbitrator, an in-house lawyer, a judge, a notary.
3. Your choice of a legal career.
The Legal Profession in Russia
Answer the following questions.
1) What types of legal profession in England do you know?
2) Do you know the types of legal profession in Russia?
- A) COLLOQUIAL WORDS
- A) Match the words on the left with the expressions on the right.
- A) Match the words to make word combinations
- A) Practise using the words and word combinations in bold type to make other comparisons between some two-four regions of Russia. Write your best sentences down.
- A. Listen to James describing his family situation and answer the questions.
- A. Match professions with their definitions.
- Analyze the meanings of the italicized words. Identify the result of the changes of the connotational aspect of lexical meaning in the given words.
- And write your own sentences with the same words and phrases.
- Animals: describing people
- Archaic, obsolete and historic words
- B) Make up sentences with the word-groups you have translated.
Не знайшли потрібну інформацію? Скористайтесь пошуком google: